We understand that legal terms can be exhausting to read, and we’ve tried to make the experience more pleasant (see summary below). If you have any suggestions or questions regarding the policies or any other facets of our website, you are more than welcome to contact us at email@example.com.
There’s a good bit of information, so we’ve packaged a neat little summary for you here:
- We use information provided by user access and interaction, for internal use when improving website design and marketing efforts.
- We store responses to opt-ins and pop-ups, in order to provide a better, more fluid user experience for returning guests.
- We only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We collect personal information only by ethical and lawful means, and/or, with the knowledge or active consent of the individual concerned.
- We take preventative precautions by safeguarding our website, in order to protect personal and financial information.
- We provide customers access to our policies and practices relating to the use and management of information.
GHOSTWE is committed to acting in an ethical and cautious manner. We do our best to prevent risk to the consumer, and ensure that the confidentiality of personal information provided and/or collected, is lawfully garnished, protected and maintained. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices, and how we use your information.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide in the events described below:
- To our subsidiaries, partners, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of GHOSTWE’s assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Data, such as IP address, are implicitly shared in order to serve web data. Data is also shared during transfers to service providers – which is done only in an encrypted, data-protected way, and only when doing so is necessary to provide our services.
GHOSTWE may pass personal details to third parties, when required to do so by state regulations or law enforcement, due to legal regulations, for example to courts or law enforcement authorities.
GHOSTWE may pass personal details to third parties, with the intent to enforce payment, or if we believe it necessary to protect rights, property and safety of our content and/or customers.
The information collected through our website, may include personal or financial information that you provide, by filling in forms, connecting on social media, or making a purchase on our website.
If you register for an account on the website (if applicable), you are willingly providing your first and last name, geographic home or business address, phone number, email address.
If you choose to sign up for our opt-in weekly newsletter, you are willingly providing your email address, and in some cases, your first and last name, and/or phone number.
By signing up to our weekly newsletter, you are agreeing to be contacted by GHOSTWE, and receive notifications regarding events, services, case studies, digital marketing trends, nonprofit & advocacy shoutouts, along with affiliate ads in the emails.
We request and retain this information for future communication, promotional, and marketing purposes.
If you opt-out and choose to unsubscribe from weekly contact, we will be rather bummed, but will dry our tears and delete any and all information pertaining to your account.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We include social media links on our website, including the following (but not limited to):
Be aware that when visiting a website or web store that includes social media buttons and links, that service can access data (your current IP address, visited sites, the date and time the website etc.), which is then forwarded to the social media provider – even if you are not yet registered with these services. We have no control over this process.
Note that if you are logged into a social media service when you access our site and select a social media button, the service may use this data to identify your social media username and in some instances, even your real name.
TARGETING & ANALYTICS
We track analytics (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Search Console) and use automatic data collection technologies (Mailchimp, Calendly, Zoom, Facebook, Instagram, etc) in order to collect certain information about equipment, user behavior, actions and trends, with the intent of improving marketing, website design and user experience.
Our analytics tracking tools allow us to view all website viewer’s IP address, information about the channels through which the Hourglass website was accessed, information regarding the user’s device and internet connection (including device type, browser type and operating system), returning traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not actively prohibit third-party web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically through analytics tracking is statistical data and does not include personal information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by changing the settings in you browser.
- Web Beacons. Certain portions on our website or in our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) that communicate with cookies in order to better understand user behavior and patterns.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure (SSL encryption, CDN security, Siteground server monitoring, Wordfence protection). Data encryption protects your information against unauthorized access. Any payment transactions and user-submitted profile information is data encrypted using SSL technology.
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal or financial information transmitted regarding our website or any of our subsidiary websites. Transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
At any time, you are entitled to request the information we store about you as a user. You are also entitled to request a deletion and/or opt-out from any unwanted communication or contact. Direct any further questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.